The National Strategy for Sustainable Development defines strategic guidelines to high-level qualifications for a sustainable and competitive economy, efficient and preventive management of the environment, natural resources. It also promotes the creation and diffusion of scientific knowledge for a more active role of Portugal in the cooperation of global sustainability.
The Master’s in Development Practice (MDP) program is shared by 8 schools of Polytechnic of Porto and it is designed to provide the necessary knowledge and skills for development practitioners, policy professionals at the local and national level, private sector professionals and high-level project managers.
The MDP program is directed towards young professionals with previous substantial work experience who want to acquire new competencies and skills and to become part of a new generation of generalist practitioners prepared to confront complex sustainable development challenges and able to innovate and to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
Why choose Development Practices?
- The Global Association of the Master’s in Development Practice (MDP) programs is a network of 37 MDP programs;
- Provides students with the knowledge and practical skills to analyze and diagnose the multi-dimensional challenges of sustainable development such as extreme poverty, climate change, and infectious diseases;
- It focuses on four intersecting macro disciplines: health, natural, social, and management sciences;
- The program is based on the CDIO’s methodology – CONCEIVE, DESIGN, IMPLEMENT, OPERATE;
- The field training experience provides students the opportunity to gain first-hand experience of integrated development approaches within the real-world context.
- Generalist and Specialist development practitioners;
- Policy administrators and professionals;
- Education institutions;
- Sustainable Development Analysts: poverty, climate change, and infectious diseases.
Santa Casa de Misericórdia; Makeitspecial; Uninorte; Engenho & Obra; Fundação Gonçalo da Silveira; Associação Smart Waste Portugal; Cooperação do Secretariado Executivo da Comunidade dos Países de Língua Portuguesa (CPLP); Associação Projecto Criar; Rosto Solidário; Cooperativa Solidária do Povo Portuense; Consulado da República Democrática de S. Tomé e Príncipe; Amorim Revestimento.
Partner MDP Institutions:
Columbia University (USA); Harvard University (USA); University of California (Berkeley, USA); Lund University (Sweden); Trinity College Dublin (Ireland); ETH-Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (Zurich, Switzerland); Universidad de Los Andes (Colombia); Universidade Federal Rural do Rio de Janeiro (Brazil); James Cook University (Australia); TERI University (India); Al-Farabi Kazakh National University (Kazakhstan); National Taiwan University (Taiwan); Tsinghua University (China); University of Botswana (Botswana); University of Pretoria (South Africa).
Undergraduate or Masters in the following areas: Arts, Business Sciences, Behaviour and social and science, Engineering, Health, Tourism and leisure, Educational Sciences, and related areas.
Bootcamp offered by all the organizational units of P.Porto.
For Applications to MSc in Development Practice 2021 the following document must be consulted:
Os candidatos que não tenham os dados do portal do ISEP, devem obter uma chave de acesso.
This PROGRAM is part of Global Association of MDP program, provided by the University of Columbia, in United States of America.
António Tavares Fernando, Santa Casa de Misericórdia
David Bernabé Fernandes, CEO da Makeitspecial
Fernando Martinho, Presidente da Uninorte
Gabriela Bonito, Presidente da Engenho & Obra
Jorge Cardoso, Fundação Gonçalo da Silveira
Luísa Magalhães, Associação Smart Waste Portugal
Manuel Lapão, Diretor de Cooperação do Secretariado Executivo da Comunidade dos Países de Língua Portuguesa (CPLP)
Maria Clara Sottomayor, Associação Projecto Criar
Paulo Costa, Rosto Solidário
Paulo Jorge Teixeira, Presidente da Cooperativa Solidária do Povo Portuense
Rodrigo Morais Soares Baptista Patrício, Vice-Cônsul da República Democrática de S. Tomé e Príncipe
Rui Miguel da Costa Fernandes, Amorim Revestimento SA